Thursday, March 22, 2012

More!

Last month a small local newspaper printed an article about the Lakewood Arts Council Gallery and our current show.  Accompanying the article was a photo of the bird on the limb painting (shown in my  previous blog entry). The painting attracted the attention of Al and Linda who came to the gallery to see the painting.  Discovering that it was too small for their dining room wall, they asked me to paint another, larger piece in a similar style.  I visited their beautiful home to see what they had in mind.  What I made for them is a 30 x 24 acrylic and shown below. I called it 'Bird Talk'.  And I made some wonderful friends!  Thanks, Al and Linda!


I've been also printing my own greeting cards from the photos of my work, which my husband diligently corrects for color.  Now I wish that my friends and I wrote and mailed more notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment